This past month, Tadano America launched a brand new campaign called the Top 8 Reasons to Own or Rent a Tadano Crane. Reason number eight covered the user friendly nature of Tadano all terrain and rough terrain cranes. This month, reason #7 is service excellence.
Direct to Market Customer Service and Support
When a crane goes down you need help and you need it now. In the video below, Sims Crane & Equipment shares how and why their service experience has led them to become the largest Tadano all terrain crane owner in the US.
The ability to access and communicate with a knowledgeable technician is imperative to good service. At Tadano America we believe the OEM should be the first and last line of defense. To that end, Tadano’s commitment to customer service is to have a technical support staff that is trained and available to help every customer who owns or is renting one of our cranes. As well, Tadano’s goal is to provide service excellence that results in a positive and value added customer experience every time.
Providing a Good Service Experience Isn’t Easy
Customer service is a tough job. How an OEM approaches it will, to a great degree, determine their success. So what differentiates Tadano from our competition?
- Quality Products: It helps when you start with the industry’s highest quality product. Tadano cranes have the industry’s longest mean time between failures and the shortest mean time to repair.
- Easy to Repair: Cranes from Tadano are designed to be simple, easy to make, hard to break and easy to repair. User friendly self-diagnosing systems enable our service technicians to help you fix 80% or more of the issues that do come up, over the phone.
- Access to OEM Technicians: Our customer service philosophy is that if a need arises you should be able to easily connect with a trained factory technician. We have a direct to market support team both in the office and in the field. Pick up the phone or send us an email. No automated call centers or long wait times at Tadano.
- Trained Technicians: Tadano is committed to having a highly trained staff. Our customer service staff are trained in Japan and Germany on a regular basis to keep up with our newest products and latest technology.
- After Hours Support: Tadano America has an after-hours phone line for both service and parts that connects directly to one of our technicians. Again, you won’t have to go through a call center or answering service to speak with a qualified person.
- Se Habla Espanol: We understand that some crane operators and technicians may communicate better in Spanish than in English. Our Spanish speaking staff includes training, parts, and technical service support. Just let us know and we can connect you with our bilingual representatives.
- Vendor Partners: For those unique service issues, Tadano is committed to working with vendor partners who can provide time and cost effective repairs that are safe, compliant, and factory approved. Two such partners are 1) Garrod Hydraulics for cylinders and 2) WHECO Corporation for structural repairs. Our goal is to keep your Tadano crane working and generating revenue.
- Philosophy and Culture: It is one thing to have a company philosophy, but it is another to have one that creates the safest, highest quality, most efficient cranes on the market today. Click the hyperlinks to learn more about SQE (safety, quality, and efficiency) and our company philosophy.